Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Mini Funfetti Cheesecake are a fun way to celebrate any special occasion. These perfectly portioned cheesecake desserts are bursting with color, a smooth and creamy funfetti cheesecake, and are so fun to eat!
Mini Cheesecake with Funfetti Sprinkles
Anytime colorful rainbow sprinkles are involved it’s always a favorite with my family. These mini funfetti cheesecakes are perfect for a birthday celebration, for a gathering or potluck because they transport easily, or for a fun dessert!
I love the individual portioned aspect of this mini dessert. These are made in a muffin pan with a buttery graham cracker crust, a smooth and irresistibly creamy funfetti cheesecake, and topped off with freshly whipped cream and of course more sprinkles. Because why not?!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – You can either buy a box of already crushed graham cracker crumbs (in the baking aisle) or use a food chopper/food processor to make your own from whole graham cracker sheets.
- Melted Butter + Sugar – Other ingredients for the crumb crust.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure you are using full fat cream cheese and not reduced-fat.
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream – You will need some for the cheesecake and for the freshly whipped cream topping.
- All-Purpose Flour – Helps to thicken the cheesecake and keep it together.
- Vanilla Extract
- Large Eggs
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Powdered Sugar – Sweetener for the whipped cream garnish.
How To Make Mini Funfetti Cheesecake
Follow these simple, step-by-step directions for making this mini dessert. Be sure and read to the bottom of the page where there is a detailed recipe card with a printable option.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Mix until it forms a wet sandy texture.
- Fill each muffin liner with a tablespoon of the prepared crust mixture. Press down firmly on the crust with a spoon.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes and allow the pan to rest for 30 minutes after baking so it can cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed unit creamy and smooth.
- Add in the sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, and vanilla extract. Continue beating for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add in the rainbow sprinkles and gently mix with a wooden spoon just until combined. Be careful not to mix too hard or else the colors will bleed into the white cheesecake batter.
- Fill each muffin liner 3/4 of the way full of cheesecake batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the center is mostly set.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool down to room temperature inside the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place them into the fridge overnight, or for at least 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve prepare the whipped cream. Add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into a bowl. Beat on low speed, increase speed as needed, until stiff peaks form. About 3-5 minutes.
- Decorate each mini cheesecake with whipped cream and additional funfetti rainbow sprinkles.
Expert Tips For Success
- Freeze Extra Cheesecake : These mini cheesecakes freezer perfectly. If you have extras that you won’t eat right away, wrap the individual cheesecakes in plastic wrap and then tin foil. Store the wrapped mini cheesecakes inside a freezer-safe container or bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. Allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles right before eating or serving.
- Sprinkles : Do not use the little tiny ball shaped sprinkles (also called non-pareils) because they will bleed color into the white cheesecake batter. You want the regular sprinkles that are larger and thicker in size and shape. Gently fold them into the batter to avoid making the colors bleed.
- Fridge Time : As with any cheesecake recipe, the fridge and chill time is the most important! Cheesecake needs to be cold for serving, and the fridge time allows for the cheesecake to set and thicken, and for all the flavors to meld together. Don’t rush the fridge time. Overnight is preferred, but 6-8 hours works too.
- Serving Suggestions : Serve mini cheesecakes chilled from the fridge. Cheesecake is best served cold.
Mini Funfetti Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 16 oz full-fat cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- rainbow sprinkles (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
Make The Graham Cracker Crust
- In a mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Mix until it forms a wet sandy texture.1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 4 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Fill each muffin liner with a heaping tablespoon of the crust mixture. Use a spoon to press it down firmly to form an even layer of crust.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let the pan rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes so the crust can cool.
Make The Funfetti Cheesecake
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese on medium speed (use an electric hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment) until it's fluffy and creamed.16 oz full-fat cream cheese
- Add in the sugar, heavy whipping cream, flour, and vanilla extract. Beat together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until it's really light and fluffy.1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each one, and mix just until incorporated.2 large eggs
- Gently stir in the sprinkles using a wooden mixing spoon or spatula.1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Fill each muffin liner 3/4 of the way full with funfetti cheesecake batter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the center is almost set. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool down to room temperature. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let it refrigerate overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
Make The Whipped Cream
- When ready to serve prepare the whipped cream. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer (or a stand mixer) and beat for 3-5 minutes until stiff peaks form. Start at low speed and increase speed as needed.1 cup heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Transfer the whipped cream into a piping bag with a large 1A tip, or use a ziplock bag and snip the corner off, and decorate the top of each mini cheesecake. Garnish with rainbow sprinkles.rainbow sprinkles