Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Walking Strawberry Cheesecake is a portable dessert that’s so simple to make with prepared ingredients like cheesecake instant pudding, teddy grahams, diced strawberries, and whipped cream. Everyone can hold their own portable, individual-sized dessert!
For another ‘walking dessert’ be sure and also try these Walking Dirt Cups.
Walking Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
I love creating walking desserts for summertime, especially for camping, but also they’re just a fun treat to make with the kids during these long summer days.
The base of this strawberry cheesecake desert is a single-serve package of honey teddy grahams which is like the cracker crust on traditional cheesecake. Top it with some instant cheesecake pudding, chopped strawberries, and whipped cream for an easy way to enjoy strawberry cheesecake with no effort at all!
Why We Love These
- Portable Dessert – This portable and ‘walkable’ dessert is so fun to make for picnics, camping, or for days at the lake. Everyone can hold their own and eat!
- Easy To Make – With only 5 total ingredients these walking strawberry cheesecake dessert bags are so simple to make.
- Customize – Use any fruit you love to customize these walking cheesecakes. Try blueberries for a blueberry cheesecake, cherries (canned pie filling or fresh) for cherry cheesecake, or raspberries for raspberry cheesecake.
- Instant Cheesecake Pudding – This is what makes the ‘cheesecake’ part of our walking cheesecake dessert.
- Whole Milk – I prefer whole milk for the fat content which helps the pudding thicken really nicely.
- Single Serve Packages of Teddy Grahams – These are the small bags of teddy grahams and it’s what makes this desert ‘walkable’ because of the single-serve sized bags.
- Chopped Strawberries
- Cool Whip
How To Make Walking Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert
- Add the cheesecake instant pudding mix and milk into a mixing bowl. Whisk together until it starts to thicken and the pudding is fully absorbed. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken even more.
- Cut open the top of each bag and fold down the edges to create a bowl like look.
- Spoon some cheesecake pudding into each bag.
- Top it with some chopped strawberries and a dollop of Cool Whip.
FAQ’s + Expert Tips
- Can I Make These Ahead of Time? : You can make the pudding up to 2-3 days before, refrigerated, but I do not recommend assembling the walking cheesecakes ahead of time. You can also cut the strawberries ahead of time so they are ready to go.
- What If I Can’t Find Cheesecake Pudding? : This is fairly easy to find at most grocery stores but if you can’t find it, try using vanilla pudding or white chocolate pudding. I do recommend only using cheesecake pudding for this cheesecake recipe. You can also use the prepared, store-bought cheesecake pudding cups in place of the instant cheesecake pudding mix.
- Variations : Instead of honey teddy grahams try using chocolate teddy grahams or chocolate chip teddy grahams. Whatever you use, make sure that it comes in the small individual serving-sized bags.
- Can I Use Sugar-Free Instant Pudding? : Yes you can! They are smaller boxes so you might need two of them to equal the larger box the recipe calls for.
Easy Prep Tip : Try using store-bought pudding cups instead of the instant pudding mix + milk. Use cheesecake pudding cups or vanilla pudding cups. Just dump a pudding cup inside each teddy graham bag and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Walking Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 box (5.1 oz) instant cheesecake pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 packages snack packs honey teddy grahams
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Cool Whip
- Add the instant pudding mix and whole milk into a mixing bowl. Whisk together until it starts to thicken. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken even more.1 box (5.1 oz) instant cheesecake pudding, 2 cups whole milk
- Cut open the top of each bag and fold down the edges to form a bowl-like shape.8 packages snack packs honey teddy grahams
- Spoon some cheesecake pudding into each bag. Top with 2 tablespoons chopped strawberries. Dollop some Cool Whip on top.1 cup chopped strawberries, Cool Whip