Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti is a hearty slow cooker dinner recipe made with chicken breasts cooked in a cream soup and cream cheese sauce, and loaded with cheddar cheese. This is a family favorite dinner that everyone loves!
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
This creamy and cheesy crockpot chicken spaghetti recipe will be a dinnertime hit with the family. Simple to make with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cream soups, cream cheese, and dried seasonings.
It’s a dump & go slow cooker dinner that cooks all day to perfection. The chicken is fall apart tender and that creamy cheesy sauce is the best. Boil some spaghetti noodles and add them in right before serving.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast – Make sure to take a few minutes to trim any excess fat pieces/strings off the chicken breast.
- Petite Diced Tomatoes – No need to drain the juice from the can. We want the entire can contents in the slow cooker, juice and all.
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Chicken Bouillon Paste – Use the paste or granules for this ingredient.
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cream Cheese – This needs to be microwave so it’s nice and warm, which means it will melt smoothly into the cheesy sauce.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – For the best results and melty texture shred cheese from a block using a box cheese grater, instead of pre-shredded bagged cheese that you can buy at the store.
- Spaghetti Noodles – I use thin spaghetti noodles but regular spaghetti noodles can be used as well.
How To Make Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti (Step-by-Step Process Instructions)
- Chicken : Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Lay the chicken breasts in the bottom.
- Cream Soup Sauce : In a mixing bowl, whisk together the petite diced tomatoes, condensed soups, water, chicken bouillon paste, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour this over the chicken inside the crockpot.
- Cook : Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 6-7 hours.
- Shred Chicken : Remove the chicken and shred with two forks (on a cutting board or plate). Return the shredded chicken back into the crockpot and stir everything together.
- Cheese! : Add the microwaved cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to combine. Cover with the lid and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Pasta : While it’s cooking, boil the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain the paste (do not rinse it) and add the cooked pasta into the cheesy chicken mixture. Give it a good stir before serving.
Don’t forget to add salt to the boiling pasta water. It makes such a difference! I add 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt.
Can I Make Any Changes or Substitutions In This Recipe?
- Creamed Soups – I have tested this recipe several times and I think the cream of chicken soup + cream of mushroom soup is the best combination. With that said, there are plenty of cream soup options at the store that you can experiment with. Cream of celery, cream of onion, cream of broccoli, cream of chicken with herbs, cream of roasted garlic mushroom soup, etc. Lots of varieties so pick your favorite or try different combinations to see what your family loves.
- Shredded Cheese – I like to use medium cheddar cheese for this recipe but feel free to use your favorite. Pepper Jack cheese for some spice, use sharp cheddar cheese, or use a white cheese like Monterey Jack. The most important thing is that you shred it yourself from a block of cheese. This will provide the best melty texture for this chicken spaghetti.
- Make It Spicy! : Add some heat by using Rotel instead of petite diced tomatoes. They make mild, medium, and hot version of Rotel. You can also add some cayenne red pepper, red pepper chili flakes, or chili powder in with the other dried seasonings. Add a dash of hot sauce (or more).
- You want to use 3-4 chicken breasts for this recipe. It equals about 1.5 pounds to 2 pounds of chicken. If you are using larger chicken breasts then you may need only 3 of them. For the smaller chicken breasts use 4 of them. I also always recommend trimming the chicken breast of the hanging pieces of fat or excess pieces. Just so you end up with quality shredded chicken in this recipe.
- Store leftovers inside an airtight container, in the fridge, for 3-4 days. My family loves the leftovers warmed up in the microwave but you can also warm it up over low heat on the stove top. You may want to add a splash of milk or broth when reheating leftovers.
- Don’t skip the step of microwaving the cream cheese. It needs to be really warm before adding it into the slow cooker. If it’s too cold, or even at room temperature, it will not melt smoothly.
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of any excess fatty pieces)
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon paste or granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
To Add Later
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened in microwave for 40 seconds)
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 box (16 oz) spaghetti noodles (I use thin spaghetti noodles)
- Spray the insert of the crockpot with cooking spray. Lay the chicken breasts in the bottom.4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a mixing bowl, add the petite diced tomatoes, creamed soups, water, chicken bouillon paste, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk together until combined well. Pour it over the chicken inside the crockpot.1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes, 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup, 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup, 3/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon paste or granules, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 6-7 hours.
- Once done, take the chicken out and shred it with 2 forks. Return the shredded chicken back to the crockpot and stir everything together.
- Add the softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese into the crockpot and stir everything together well. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.4 ounces cream cheese, 2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese
- While it's cooking, boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Don't forget to add salt to the boiling pasta water. Drain the cooked pasta but do not rinse it. * Cook to al dente or softer, depending on preference.1 box (16 oz) spaghetti noodles
- Add the cooked spaghetti noodles and stir everything together well. Serve!