Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Learn the best way to make Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties with this easy recipe and tons of tips! Using frozen chicken patties saves so much time, and you’re guaranteed super crispy chicken with my easy method using the Air Fryer.
Best Way To Cook Frozen Chicken Patties
Cooking frozen chicken patties in the air fryer is the best way to get super crispy chicken that is evenly cooked all the way around, and with no soggy parts! If you’ve cooked these before in the oven, then you know that you still end up with soggy parts and not perfectly crispy (all the way around) chicken patties.
If you’re wanting some easy chicken sandwiches to make your family for dinner, then you need to try these.
My kids love chicken sandwiches but I don’t always love how much time it takes to dredge and four the chicken, get it baked up just perfectly in the oil or oven. It’s a lot of work! Which is why this air fryer method is my preferred way because it uses store-bought frozen chicken patties + a no-fail method for cooking them.
- Frozen Chicken Patties – This recipe has been tested using the Tyson’s brand frozen patties. There is a regular version and also a spicy chicken patty version. There are also store brands that make these same chicken patties, which will work well in this recipe also.
- Buns – Make crispy chicken sandwiches and grab some hamburger buns or buttery brioche buns from the grocery store.
- Sliced Cheese – My family loves the processed American cheese on these sandwiches but you can use any variety you love. Pepper Jack for some spice, Muenster cheese or havarti cheese for a really creamy cheese, or try provolone cheese.
- Toppings – Pickles, shredded lettuce, green leaf lettuce, sliced tomatoes, jalapeños, etc.
- Sauce – Mayonnaise, any variety of mustard (yellow, spicy, dijon, honey), ranch dressing, ketchup, or thousand island dressing are all great options. We stick with plain mayo on our sandwiches – the classic!
Step-by-Step Directions For Making Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- Place Chicken Patties In The Air Fryer – Arrange 4 chicken patties (or as many as you can fit in your air fryer) in a single layer inside the air fryer basket, with none of them touching or overlapping.
- Air Fry – Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until crisp, golden brown, and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Flip each patty over halfway through the cook time. Even though the patties are pre-cooked they still need to be cooked to temperature from frozen.
- Serve – Chop up the chicken patties and use them in salads or any recipe that calls for chicken. You can also add a slice of cheese and make chicken sandwiches out of them along with buns, toppings, and condiments.
- What Frozen Chicken Patties Do I Use? : I use the Tyson’s brand chicken patties. Use a store brand or buy a large bag of them from Costco (much cheaper) and then you can make several meals from the bag.
- Can I Use Breaded Chicken? : You can if wanted, but just know that the cook time on them is different because they are larger, thicker, and have that crispy coating on them. This method is for the classic chicken patties that are just flat in shape without that thick breaded coating.
- Serving Suggestions
- Crispy Chicken Sandwiches – This is the best way! Get some hamburger buns or brioche buns, mayo, sliced tomatoes, green leaf lettuce or shredded lettuce, add some cheese. It’s an easy way to get dinner on the table using this easy air fryer method for cooking the patties.
- Use In Recipes That Call For Chicken : Anytime a recipe calls for cooked chicken, try using these chicken patties. They are so crispy which adds a nice addition to any dish. You can also chop up the leftovers, from the fridge, and use those in any recipe that calls for chicken.
- Salad Topper : Add some crispy chicken protein to any salad with one of these patties.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps : Use a tortilla spread with ranch dressing, add some crispy chicken strips (the chicken patties cut into strips), shredded cheddar cheese, and cooked bacon. Wrap it up burrito-style, cut in half, and you have delicious wraps for dinner.
- How Do I Store Leftovers? : The best part of this recipe is that you really only have to make as many chicken patties as you need. These are best eaten immediately once they’re done cooking. Once the patties are refrigerated, they will get soggy and lose that crispy crunch texture on the outside. I recommend only making he amount that you need. If you do have leftovers store them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- Should I Use Air Fryer Parchment Paper Liners? : No you don’t need to use these. In fact, I prefer not using liners when I cook with the air fryer. The point of the air fryer is for the hot air to travel all around the food, and liners can prevent that from happening. If you are using liners, make sure that they have holes in them to help the air circulate.
- Single Layer Chicken Patties : The size of the air fryer basket will determine how many patties you can cook at one time. The most important thing is that the chicken patties are in a single layer, and that they are not overlapping or touching. You want the hot air to go all around the patties to crisp up all the edges and surfaces. My air fryer basket can fit 4 chicken patties.
- Cooking Spray : For extra crispy chicken patties try spraying the tops of them with cooking spray before air frying them. This is totally optional and the patties will still crisp up perfectly fine without it. Just an idea if you prefer the chicken patty more crisp.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Salmon
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties
- 4 frozen chicken patties (I use Tyson's brand)
Easy Chicken Sandwiches
- hamburger buns
- sliced tomato
- green leaf lettuce
- sliced cheese (American, cheddar, havarti, pepper jack, etc)
- condiments of choice
- Place 4 frozen chicken patties into the air fryer basket in a single layer making sure they are not touching or overlapping. * I don't recommend using parchment paper, but if you are, make sure that what you are using has holes in it to circulate the hot air.4 frozen chicken patties
- Cook at 400℉ for 10-12 minutes. Flip each patty over to the other side halfway through the cook time. * The patties are pre-cooked but you want to make sure that they are still heated to an internal temperature of 165℉. * ADD CHEESE : When the patties are done cooking lay a slice of cheese over each patty. Put the air fryer basket back in (with the air fryer turned off) and leave it in there for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove the chicken patties from the air fryer and serve as is OR serve it as an easy chicken sandwich for dinner. Hamburger buns, cheese, tomato, lettuce, condiments, and whatever other toppings you like.