Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
These easy Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders are an easy dinner idea that’s perfect for the entire family! Only 6 ingredients needed to make pepperoni pizza sliders using sweet Hawaiian rolls. Cheesy pepperoni filling with a parmesan pesto glaze over top.
Easy Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders Recipe
I am always looking for easy dinner ideas that I know my kids will love! Sliders are always a fave at my house – they’re handheld, usually super cheesy, and who doesn’t love sliders?!
These family favorite quick & easy pizza sliders only need 6 ingredients and it takes just minutes to prep them and get them inside the oven. Hawaiian rolls, cheese, pepperoni, and pizza sauce, topped with a parmesan pesto glaze. So much flavor, super cheesy, and the best part is you only need one casserole pan and just a few minutes of prep time.
Ingredients Needed For This Easy Family-Friendly Dinner
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls : Use the sweet Hawaiian rolls or the savory butter Hawaiian rolls. Make sure they stay attached, do not separate.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni Slices
- Pizza Sauce : You only need 1 cup of pizza sauce so there will be leftovers from the jar of sauce. Use it as a dipping sauce for the sliders if wanted.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese : This is the cheaper, shelf-stable parmesan cheese that comes in the plastic can with the green lid (Kraft brand).
How To Make Pepperoni Pizza Sliders Using King’s Hawaiian Rolls
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 casserole pan with a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Use a serrated knife to slice the rolls in half lengthwise (like a hamburger with the top and bottom pieces). Do not separate the rolls, leave them connected, so you will end up with a top half of buns and a bottom half of buns.
Place the bottom piece of rolls into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top the rolls. Layer the pepperoni over the cheese. Spread the sauce over top the pepperoni.
Place the top half of rolls on top and gently press down. Brush the pesto over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top the pesto.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls are toasted and the cheese is melted. If the rolls are browning to quickly, loosely lay a piece of tin foil over top the baking dish and sliders.
Variations & Substitution Ideas
- Use Sliced Cheese : Instead of shredded cheese use 8-10 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Cheese : Use any variety of cheese, or a blend of cheeses, for these easy sliders. Provolone, Pepper jack, Cheddar, or a shredded pizza blend cheese are all great options.
- Add Ground Beef or Ground Sausage : Cook and crumble 1/2 pound of ground beef or ground sausage to make sausage pepperoni sliders.
- Supreme Pizza Option : Add some finely diced green bell peppers, finely diced onion, and chopped black olives to make a supreme pizza.
How Do I Prevent The Sliders From Getting Soggy?
You have a few options to prevent sogginess when making these pizza sliders. I don’t think the sliders get so soggy that I ever do one of these, but if you want to switch it up then there are a few options to try.
- Leave the pizza sauce off of the sliders and instead use it as a dipping sauce. So the only think inside the sliders will be cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Toast the slider rolls before adding the filling and topping. Cut the rolls in half (like a hamburger) making sure to keep the top half and bottom half intact – meaning don’t separate the rolls. Place the two pieces onto a baking sheet and broil them on LOW for just a few minutes. Watch this carefully as they can burn quickly. This will make the sliders have a crisper texture on the outside. My kids prefer the softer sliders so I don’t toast the buns first.
- How To Store Leftovers : Store any leftover sliders inside an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 2 days. The Hawaiian rolls will get soft & soggy as they sit in the fridge. I recommend eating the sliders after making them. Leftovers are good, but they’re must better fresh and hot and cheesy. Warm up leftovers inside the microwave, in the air fryer, or on a sheet pan in the oven for 5-10 minutes (cover with foil).
- Mozzarella Cheese : I highly recommend buying a block of mozzarella cheese and using a box cheese grater to shred the cheese yourself. The bagged shredded cheese does not melt as smoothly as the fresh stuff – it melts better, smoother, and has a better creamier flavor and texture.
- Pepperoni : Buy the packaged sliced pepperoni, turkey or regular, or go to the deli counter and get fresh sliced pepperoni. I like using the deli counter because they are larger pieces and I think they taste better and fresher than the packaged pepperoni.
- Hawaiian Rolls : These are from the King’s Hawaiian brand and they come in a ‘sweet Hawaiian roll’ variety and a ‘savory butter’ roll. I like using the savory butter version for these pepperoni pizza sliders. Either one can be used with great results. make sure to cut the rolls in half, so you have a top half and a bottom half, and leave the rolls connected. Do not separate into the individual 12 rolls.
More Slider Recipes To Try
- Hawaiian Roll Meatball Sliders
- Cheeseburger Sliders
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Crack Chicken Sliders
- Baked Club Sliders
Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders
- 12 King's Hawaiian Rolls (attached, do not separate)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9×13 casserole pan with a sheet of parchment paper.* You can also use a cookie sheet (12"x17") to cook the sliders on. Line the pan with parchment paper for the best results.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the rolls in half lengthwise (like a hamburger with the top and bottom pieces). Do not separate the rolls, leave them connected, so you end up with a top half of buns and a bottom half of buns.12 King's Hawaiian Rolls
- Place the bottom half piece of rolls into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top the rolls. Layer the pepperoni over the cheese. Spread the sauce over top the pepperoni.1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 48 slices pepperoni, 1 cup pizza sauce
- Place the top half of rolls on top and gently press down. Brush the pesto over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top the pesto.1/4 cup pesto, 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls are toasted and the cheese is melted. If the rolls are browning to quickly, loosely lay a piece of tin foil over top the baking dish and sliders.