Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
This quick & easy Pumpkin Fluff Pie is a no bake pumpkin dessert with only 5 ingredients! Enjoy the warm flavors of pumpkin with this easy-to-make pie recipe.
Pumpkin Fluff Pie Recipe
If you want an easy pumpkin dessert that does not require hours of prep time in the kitchen, then this pumpkin fluff pie needs to be on your fall or Thanksgiving menu.
With only 5 ingredients – you know that this recipe is going to be so easy! A 5 minute prep time and chill time in the fridge, is all you need for this creamy, fluffy, and light dessert.
What Is Pumpkin Fluff?
Pumpkin fluff is a light, airy, and fluffy dessert that tastes just like pumpkin pie! But instead of a dense pumpkin pie, a pumpkin fluff is light and creamy tasting.
A fluff recipe usually involves instant pudding mix (for the creaminess) and then some whipped cream (for the lightness and fluff). Combine these two together and you have a wonderfully fluff and light-textured dessert.
Pumpkin fluff has the added ingredients of pumpkin pie spice and pure pumpkin – which quite literally makes it taste like pumpkin pie!
- Pure Pumpkin – This is not the same thing as the canned pumpkin pie filling. Make sure you’re using the 100% pure pumpkin.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding – No need to prepare according to the package directions. Simply dump in the dry powder mix and proceed with the recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Cool Whip
- Ready-Crust Graham Cracker Crust – Store bought graham cracker crust.
How To Make No Bake Pumpkin Fluff Pie (Full Recipe Card Below)
Add the instant pudding mix, pure pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice into a mixing bowl. Stir together until it’s well combined.
Fold in the Cool Whip and stir until combined well and the mixture is much lighter in color.
Pour the pumpkin fluff mixture into the graham cracker crust and smooth out the top.
Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid (from the crust packaging) and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours, or overnight is even better.
Garnish the pie as wanted with a piped or spread on whipped cream garnish, graham cracker crumbles, etc. Serve!
Can I Make Pumpkin Fluff Pie Ahead Of Time?
Yes! Pumpkin fluff pie is the perfect pie to make ahead of time. It can be made up to 3 days in advance, and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
Do not refrigerate the pie (if making it days ahead of time) with the garnishes or whipped cream over top. Garnish the pie right before serving it.
How To Replace Cool Whip With Homemade Whipped Cream
An 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip is equal to 1 cup heavy whipping cream + 1/4 cup powdered sugar. To replace the Cool Whip with homemade whipped cream, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. This takes about 5 minutes. Start at low speed to avoid splashing and increase speed as needed.
- Garnish Tip : If you want some whipped cream or Cool Whip for topping/garnish, I recommend either using two tubs Cool Whip (16 oz total) OR you can make double the amount of whipped cream. Use half for the pie mixture and the the other can be saved for the top of the pie for garnish. Spread the whipped topping over top the pie (for kind of a second layer) or you can put it inside a piping bag with a large 1A tip and pipe it around the edges.
- Chill Time : Don’t rush this. This is not a dessert that you can make right before serving it. It needs at least 6-8 hours of fridge time in order to set, thicken, and the flavors to develop. Make it the night before and let it refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Crust : Make it really easy and use the store-bought graham cracker crust, a shortbread crust, or a chocolate graham cracker crust. You can also make your favorite homemade graham crust or a gingersnap crust.
Pumpkin Fluff Pie
Pumpkin Fluff Pie
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1 (6 oz) ready-crust graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- In a mixing bowl add the dry instant pudding mix, pure pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Use an electric hand mixer to beat until it's well combined.1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup pure pumpkin, 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Stir in the Cool Whip until thoroughly combined and the mixture is fluffy and lighter in color. * If you're having trouble mixing it, use the blender on low speed to help mix it in.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Pour the fluff pie mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth out the top.1 (6 oz) ready-crust graham cracker crust
- Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid (from the crust packaging) and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours or overnight is even better.
- When ready to serve, spread the Cool Whip over top the pie OR put it inside a piping bag with a large 1A tip and pipe it around the edges. * You might not use it all. If wanted, use homemade whipped cream for the topping instead of Cool Whip.8 ounces Cool Whip